Margaret Scales (1952): A handbook for ward sisters
This is the most comprehensive collection of English language nursing titles in Europe. It contains over 8500 titles dating from 1870 that represent the breadth and depth of nursing in all its forms.
You can find publications on these topics and more:
- Nursing education
- Nursing history
- Biographies, memoirs and autobiographies
- Textbooks on nursing care and clinical practice
- Legal and ethical aspects of nursing
- Nursing research
- Reports from nursing and health organisations
- Publications written by Fellows of the Royal College of Nursing
Titles published before 1870 are in the RCN Rare Books Collection.
Available for reference, by appointment, in the RCN Library and Heritage Centre.
Great Britain, Parliament (1904): Report from the Select Committee on Registration of Nurses : together with the proceedings of the committee, minutes of evidence, and appendix