Lamplight Support Service
How we can support you
Lamplight’s friendly and professional team have the expertise to provide tailored advice and information on:
- Eligibility for welfare benefits and tax credits;
- Assessing a household’s financial capability to meet its outgoings;
- Ways to increase income and reduce expenditure;
- Setting an action plan to enable individuals to take steps to improve their financial wellbeing;
- Additional services that could benefit the individual.
In some cases, we may be able to provide a one-off charitable payment through the RCN Foundation. Before being considered for financial assistance we require individuals to:
- Apply for all benefits they may be eligible for;
- Take reasonable steps to increase household income and reduce household outgoings, which includes a partner’s income/expenditure and contributions from non-dependants;
- Access specialist debt advice, if needed;
- Complete a comprehensive budget and provide supporting documents, including bank statements.
Are you eligible for support?
Check the support available to you
See what assistance you might receive from Lamplight by completing our self-serve questionnaire.
If you're struggling financially as a result of Covid-19 (coronavirus), read our advice on entitlements and support that may be available to you, including benefits, grants, and what to do if you're struggling with rent, mortgage or creditors
How to access the service
Need further advice?
Before contacting the service, we encourage you to view the advice guides located on the main Lamplight page, as these may answer your query without the need to wait for an appointment.
If you do need to speak with someone about the Lamplight Support Service, please contact the RCN advice team:
- RCN members can call RCN Direct on 0345 772 6100;
- Individuals not in RCN membership can call 0345 772 6200.
Once you've booked an appointment, please remember to complete our pre-appointment questionnaire.
How to cancel your appointment
Please cancel your appointment if you can’t make it so someone else can have it. You can cancel by:
- Replying “CANCEL” to the automated text message that you receive confirming the time of your appointment.
- Emailing firstname.lastname@example.org with your name and time of appointment.
Registered charity number: 1134606 (England and Wales) SC043663 (Scotland)